- 2020 James K. Ferrell Outstanding Ph.D. Graduate Award, NCSU, 2021.
The most prestigious award for Ph.D. students in the Chemical Engineering Department, recognizing an outstanding Ph.D. graduate each calendar year who distinguishes him/herself in scholarship, teaching and service. I was invited to give a speech at the 2021 Spring Commencement Ceremony (YouTube link).
- AIChE CoMSEF Graduate Student Award, 2019.
This prestigious national award recognizes significant contributions to research in computational molecular science and engineering by graduate students.
- FOMMS Poster Prize, 2018.
“A ‘2D Route’ to the Effective Tangential Pressure in Adsorbed Films: High-Density Equation of State for a Two-Dimensional Lennard-Jones Solid”, presented at Foundations of Molecular Modeling and Simulation (FOMMS), Delavan, WI, USA, July 18, 2018.
- Outstanding Poster Presentation Prize, 2018.
“Conformal Sites Model for Adsorbed Films on Energetically Heterogeneous Surfaces”, presented at 8th International Workshop on Characterization of Porous Materials (CPM8), Delray Beach, FL, USA, May 7, 2018.
- Cheng Siwei (成思危) Chancellor’s Fellowship, ECUST, 2014.
The highest university-wide annual award recognizing undergraduate, master and doctoral students who have won high reputation or made important contributions to the university and the country.
- Special Prize for Academic Excellence (top 1%), ECUST, 2014.
- Honorable Mention, Mathematical Contest in Modeling, USA, 2014.
- 3rd Prize, Contemporary Undergraduate Math. Contest in Modeling, Shanghai, China, 2013.
- Mentored Teaching Fellowships (x3), College of Engineering, NCSU, 2016-2018 Fall semester.
Providing ten outstanding graduate students per semester with extensive teaching experience beyond that of a regular teaching assistant prior to entering an academic career.
- Praxair Exceptional Teaching Assistant Award, Praxair, Inc. (now Linde plc) & NCSU, 2016 Fall.
Recognizing the instructional effectiveness and class management of Ph.D. candidates serving as exemplary teaching assistants in the Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering. Recipients of this Award go above and beyond the call of duty by providing their students with tireless and selfless attention to high-quality instruction and professionalism.
- GSA Travel Assistance Award, The Graduate Student Association, NCSU, 2019 Spring.
- NSF Travel Award, 8th International Workshop on Characterization of Porous Materials (CPM8), Delray Beach, FL, USA, May 6-9, 2018.